NOTICE TO RAC MEMBERS RESIDING IN THE ATLANTIC, BRITISH COLUMBIA/YUKON, MIDWEST AND ONTARIO NORTH/EAST REGIONS FOR THE 2017-2018 TERM
Call for Nominations of Candidates for Regional Director to serve on the Board of Directors of Radio Amateurs of Canada Inc.
Note: All original nominations and supporting documentation, including the biographical sketch, must be received by the Secretary of RAC at the address indicated below on or before Friday, September 16, 2016.
The Secretary of Radio Amateurs of Canada Inc. hereby solicits nominations for the positions of Director for the Regions of Atlantic, British Columbia/Yukon, Midwest and Ontario North/East (postal codes K and P). If required, elections for these positions will be held in October 2016 to take office on January 1, 2017 for a two-year term.
- Atlantic: Everett Price, VO1DK
- British Columbia/Yukon: William (Bill) Gipps, VE7ISV/VE7XS; tenure completed
- Midwest: Derek Hay, VE4HAY; tenure completed
- Ontario North/East: Allan Boyd, VE3AJB
1. The Candidate:
- must be a Full Voting Member of RAC
- must have reached the legal age of majority
- must reside in the Region for which he or she is nominated
2. A candidate may not nominate himself/herself.
3. The nomination form will:
- be printed or typed
- clearly indicate the candidate’s name, call sign and RAC membership number
- clearly indicate the names, call signs, RAC membership numbers and original signatures of ten (10) or more full voting members of RAC
4. The nominators must have reached the legal age of majority and must reside in the same Region as the candidate whom they are nominating.
5. Each candidate must:
- sign the nomination form, indicating a willingness to be nominated
- include with the nomination a brief biographical sketch/CV limited to 500 words succinctly setting out his/her background and qualifications. A candidate choosing to submit a biographical sketch in both English and French languages will be allowed 500 words in each language. The biographical sketch will not include any campaign platform material.
6. All original nominations and supporting documentation, including the biographical sketch, must be received by the Secretary of RAC at the address indicated below on or before Friday, September 16, 2016.
Candidates should consider the time required for delivery to ensure their nomination documents are received on time.
Faxed or emailed documents will not be accepted.
- Clearly indicate on the mailing envelope that Nomination Documents are enclosed.
- The envelope will be held unopened until after the closing deadline of September 16, 2016. After this date, the Election Committee, under the supervision of the RAC Secretary, will open all submissions, review the documentation for accuracy, completeness and validity, and then announce the results of the Call for Nominations. The decision of the Election Committee is final.
- Should a balloted election be required in any of the regions, ballots will be mailed from RAC Headquarters on or before September 30, 2016.
Nominations must be sent to the following address:
Secretary, Radio Amateurs of Canada
720 Belfast Road, Suite 217
Ottawa, ON K1G 0Z5
Clearly indicate on the envelope: “Nomination Documents”.
Sukwan Widajat, VA3WID
RAC Corporate Secretary