Radio Amateurs of Canada is using the Zoom Video Conferencing platform for the Canada 2020 Conference and Annual General Meeting.
Each presentation will be its own Zoom webinar. Individual links for presentations will be provided by the Conference Host and posted on the RAC website prior to the weekend. There will also be volunteer co-hosts to help moderate each webinar. Further detailed instructions be will posted here and also send an email to you. In the meantime, to get you started we have provided several short videos from Zoom on how to make the most of this experience.
Our volunteer Conference Host will set everything up in Zoom prior to your arrival at the Conference. Our host is there to help you enjoy your experience and answer any of your questions so you can focus on your presentation.
How to sign into a Zoom meeting (Conference):
An email invitation will be sent to you by the Conference Host. It will contain a link which will invite you to Join the Conference (“Zoom meeting”) as shown in the above video. You will also be able to test the audio and video settings on your computer before the presentation.
How to Share Content (Computer screen, documents, video/audio):
There is no need to upload or transfer files as Zoom allows you to share your own computer screen, documents and even videos from your computer.
Important note: Please check your computer screen before sharing it to make sure there is nothing private or sensitive on it.
In addition to the above videos, you can also find several video tutorials at the following link:
- Joining & Configuring Audio & Video
- Sharing Your Screen
- Sharing Multiple Screens Simultaneously
- Recording a Zoom Meeting
Tips for Zoom Presenters:
How to Share Your Screen:
To mute everyone, except yourself, so you have no audio distractions:
Share computer sound
Sharing a portion of your screen:
Tips for PowerPoint Presentations:
- In the meeting controls, click the Share Screen button.
- In the sharing window that opens click Microsoft PowerPoint to select it.
- If your presentation includes narration, sound, or video:
- Check the Share computer sound box.
- b. If your computer prompts you to install the Zoom audio device, do so.
- Click the Share button.
- In PowerPoint:
- Switch to Slide Show mode (Start from the beginning).
- Give your presentation.
- When done, click Zoom’s Stop Share button.
- This will take you back to the main or breakout room where you can speak with the participants.