Radio Amateurs of/du Canada
RAC Field Organization
Official RAC Field Organization Appointment Description
Note: Acceptance of this appointed position indicates understanding of and agreement with the appointment description and conditions.
District Emergency Coordinator (DEC)
The RAC District Emergency Coordinator is appointed by the SEC to supervise the efforts of local Emergency Coordinators in the defined district. The DEC's duties involve the following:
1. Coordinate the training, organization and emergency participation of Emergency Coordinators in your district of jurisdiction.
2. Make local decisions in the absence of the SEC or through coordination with the SEC, concerning the allotment of available amateurs and equipment during an emergency.
3. Coordinate the interrelationship between local emergency plans and between communications networks within your area of jurisdiction.
4. Act as backup for local areas without an Emergency Coordinator and assist in maintaining contact with governmental and other agencies within your area of jurisdiction.
5. Provide direction in the routing and handling of emergency communications of either a formal or tactical nature, with specific emphasis being placed on Welfare traffic.
6. Recommend EC appointments to the SEC.
7. Coordinate the reporting and documenting of ARES activities in your district of jurisdiction.
8. Act as a model emergency communicator as evidenced by dedication to purpose, reliability and understanding of emergency communications.
9. Be fully conversant in National Traffic System routing and procedures as well as have a thorough understanding of the locale and role of all vital governmental and volunteer agencies that could be involved in an emergency.
Recruitment of new hams and of new RAC members is an integral part of the job of every appointee. Appointees should take advantage of every opportunity to recruit a new ham or member to foster growth of Field Organization programs and our abilities to serve the public as a vital community resource.
Requirements: Basic with Honours qualification; Full RAC membership. Morse Code preferred.