RAC Canada Day Contest 2020 Report:
RAC Contest Managers Bart Ritchie, VE5CPU and Sam Ferris, VE5SF
After the results were published in The Canadian Amateur magazine and on the RAC website, we were notified of some errors.
We have revised the contest results and uploaded a new version to our main Contesting webpage.
The following update provides additional details about the corrections.
- The entry for Thomas Warren, K3TW, was placed in the SOABLP category instead of the correct category of SOABQRP. His entry was in fact the actual category winning entry for the category. This change bumps the original listing for first, second and third as detailed in the article update.
- A log for VE1RAC was misattributed to VE1RSM and, more importantly, was classified as a MOSTLP when it should have been an MOSTHP entry. This results in VE1RAC moving into the MOSTHP class and taking third place in that category, bumping VA2UR into fourth place in that category.
- The above change also means that Marcel LeBlanc, VE9ML, and the team using the VE9RAC call, take the plaque for the MOSTLP category and moves Jerome Spring, VE6TL and Mike Goldstein, VE3GFN, into second and third place respectively.
- The submitted log misidentified the owner of N7NR as Axel Bruderer instead of Dave Heumann. We have updated the results to show that David Heumann, N7NR, is the correct name in the results for MOSTHP.
- Due to a log combination error, VO1RAC was listed multiple times. The duplicate entries have been removed. Their entry in the MOMT category is the correct one.
Our apologies to all those affected by these errors.
Our thanks to all those who participated and we hope you all have been staying as safe as possible during this very trying time. With that bit of introduction, on with the detailed results!
As always, you can find all the contest rules and entry forms at:
– 73, Bart, VE5CPU and Sam, VE5SF